Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Highway Blues



Past the peak, but still pretty as hell Autumn is beginning to wind down. Halloween is nearly here, many trees are already bare. It's been beautiful but I haven't gotten to enjoy it as much as I'd have liked. The last two years with Stonebelt I spent the vast majority of the fall season shuttling around Southern Indiana. This year we're short on drivers and I've spent a lot of time making deliveries as far away as the western suburbs of Chicago or Stanton Kentucky, running the interstates. The color is still there, of course. It's not like the interstates don't run through the same region, but it's not the same. Even if everywhere I drove was as pretty as Southern Indiana, the way that Stanton is, in the mountains, it's still not the same. You're separated from the landscape by a wide buffer while billboards and development proliferate throughout, not to mention the traffic. I've truly come to despise the interstates. They're a nightmare. There's a lot more that I was going to say but I just got back from a 12 hour trip to Charleston, IL and have to do Goshen, IN in the morning after a 10 hour turn around. Talk at you later.


No comments:

Post a Comment