Monday, October 13, 2014

Fringe Benifits



To think; I get paid to drive around Southern Indiana. Southern Indiana is beautiful. It can be a pleasure to drive its hills at any time of the year but it's especially nice in the autumn, when the trees show their true colors.

Why, I drove back Indiana highways today, and it was beautiful. Highway 3 was closed so I had to detour down highway 203, which is just a little slip of a road, maximum speed limit 45. For several miles it wound through the woods along the bank of a stream. The color on the trees was intense. It had started out rainy but for this part of the trip the sun came back out. Let me repeat, it was beautiful.

Of course I would rather have been in a sports car rather than a heavily loaded 18 wheeler. The road was narrow, and unfamiliar which engendered a lot of stress, but overall it was an enjoyable ride. Later it clouded over again and spat rain while I shuttled trailers around between Jeffersonville and New Albany, but on my way home, back out in the country, the sun returned.

I don't always have it so good though, tomorrow I go to Chicago.


No comments:

Post a Comment