Friday, May 27, 2011

Exercising My Thumbs


Ah, Springtime! Truth be known I was sorry to see the lineal play of boles and branches obscured; sorry too to lose the vista across the Beanblosom from the top of Dolan ridge. Don’t get me wrong, I'm happy to see the forest clothed in green again. I just find beauty in the starkness of winter too. It's always something and [I'd much rather clean bugs off of my windshield than ice and snow.

Three dimensional clouds. Grey cloud-wrack scudding quickly beneath more sedentary bulbous shapes; the horizon dominated by the dome of a massive thunderstorm, its edges lost in purple obscurity, its crown splayed out across the prevailing winds of the upper atmosphere. It's been a rough spring in the Midwest and across the South, what with all the storms and all. Why, we had a tornado here the other night. It took out some mobile homes on the southwest side of town and I've heard it wrecked havoc with some trees on campus too. Nobody was hurt, thank goodness.]

Crap, what happened? The text incased in brackets above was simply gone after I posted. I gave myself carpel tunnel syndrome and more than half of what I'd pecked out was gone!? Then auto correct wouldn't let me write the word "crap," but kept replacing it with "deal." I may have to go ahead and get that new laptop before I go off on vacation!

No comments:

Post a Comment