Tuesday, October 13, 2009

The Best is for Free

I saw some lovely color today, on another Northern Indiana run. The conditions were ideal with a dark dramatic sky rent with vast holes through which the sun shone brightly most of the time. What they call “partly cloudy,” I guess. It's mostly flat up there but every once in awhile I'd climb a rise and the horizon would broaden revealing islands of carnival colored trees set amidst the dun-colored patchwork of mature fields awaiting harvest. That happened once while the sun shone from behind a Swiss cheese bank of clouds sending rays beaming through in all directions; so beautiful, and free for the looking.

Yes, northern Indiana is beautiful, but Southern Indiana is more beautiful still, and of all of Southern Indiana it always seems to me that my own home woods are amongst the finest. I always find sunrise and sunset the best here, and so too the color of the leaves. I guess I'm just partial.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment