Saturday, September 26, 2009

Formation Flying

note: I recently discovered a setting on the controls here at blogger that would only allow registered users to comment on a post. I changed that setting so that anyone can now comment, so please feel free to do so. If anyone tried and was unable I apologize.

Nope, my laptop can't be fixed. They said the problem was in the motherboard. They said that they got the screen to light up once, but it was just a last gasp and now the computer itself won't even start anymore. Maybe they killed it, I don't know. They're going to put the hard disk into a cartridge so that I can get my info off of it and use it as a back up disk.

*                         *                         *

Damn, I almost ran off the road! It was in my car on the way home from work, not in my truck. Two staggered phalanxes of geese were flying low over the yellow fields of the Beanblossom Valley at a nearly parallel tangent  to the road. They were beautiful. The valley was beautiful; the still mostly green hills accented with the emerging yellows and reds of autumn. I drank the sight in. I got into trouble when, because I was traveling faster than they, I looked over my shoulder for one last glimpse. That's when I nearly ran off the road, which would have been better than veering into the oncoming traffic, at least.

No comments:

Post a Comment