Saturday, January 1, 2011

Happy New Year!

 


It worked! The sun went away so you all plugged in a lot of lights to shine in the early darkness and have called the sun back. It really worked, the days are getting longer already. I'll be damned.

I really just wanted to be sure and post something on 1/1/11. My Finnish friends have a web hotel to keep in touch. Each post shows the time here, and the time there. I posted a New Years greeting at 00:00 EST. I know, I had a whole minute to do it, but as I wasn't watching the ball drop, or have anything more obtrusive than the kitchen clock to tell me what time it was I think I did pretty good. I forgot all about it, in fact and had to scramble at the last second, drunk as I was. So anyway...which year was it that I sent that greeting?

Danielle said that she was talking to her mom this afternoon and looked at the clock. It was 1:11.

Spooky.

2011? Cool. I'm going to party like it's 2012.

 

1 comment: